Andrew Kloet wrote: > Resending to the ports@, accidentally sent direct to the author earlier. > > On Wed Jul 22, 2026 at 7:33 AM EDT, David Uhden Collado wrote: >> The unveil support added in the latest i2pd release does not account for >> the fact that OpenBSD commonly uses /var instead of /var/lib. >> >> I had to make a small code change so that unveil works correctly with >> the default paths used by the OpenBSD port. > > I looked at the upstream implementation for pledge/unveil. It's riddled > with errors, typos, and wicked code smells. It's quite frankly appalling > that it got merged. It's apparent it was merged with little to no > testing. It will cause problems. > > I encourage you to take a look at it yourself. [1] > >> bool openbsd_unevil_enabled; > Seriously? > > I'm going to rewrite it for upstream. > > [1] https://github.com/PurpleI2P/i2pd/pull/2403 > They have a very strict policy against accepting code generated by artificial intelligence, so they try to implement it themselves in the most sloppy way possible. I also don't think the ML-KEM implementation for LibreSSL is correct, but they don't want to change much code to support it, so I'm leaving it to others to report the issues. As it stands, it works more or less fine - I've been running it for quite a while and it hasn't crashed. But you have to change the user's home directory for the daemon.
No comments:
Post a Comment