On 8/29/26 10:48, Robert B. Carleton wrote: > On 8/29/26 09:10, Robert B. Carleton wrote: >> On 8/28/26 19:25, Robert B. Carleton wrote: >>> On 8/13/26 06:57, Robert B. Carleton wrote: >>>> >>>> >>>> On 8/13/26 03:05, landry@openbsd.org wrote: >>>>> Le Mon, Aug 10, 2026 at 06:36:55PM -0500, Robert B. Carleton a écrit : >>>>>> I have a suggested addition for the lxqt, or lxqt-extras package as a >>>>>> dependency. The kf6-breeze-icons package adds the Breeze-style >>>>>> light and dark >>>>>> icon themes, including the icons for LXQt QTerminal icons. These >>>>>> don't seem to >>>>>> be in the Oxygen icon theme. This is from testing on the 7.9 release. >>>>> >>>>> im not sure i follow you, the qterminal package ships >>>>> share/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps/qterminal.png, and x11/oxygen-icons nor >>>>> devel/kf6/breeze-icons ship an icon for qterminal (actually, only moka >>>>> and paper icon themes do, from the pkgs in the portstree). >>>>> >>>>> or are you talking about icons used by qterminal for its own buttons ? >>>> >>>> I'm talking about the icons used in the start menu by LXQt for >>>> QTerminal. They didn't appear with just the Oxygen theme installed. >>>> Just the text appears in the menu for QTerminal. Adding the Breeze >>>> icons and selecting them provided a QTerminal icon in the LXQt menus. >>> >>> I installed the current OpenBSD snapshot on a spare machine, so I >>> could try LXQt 2.4.0 (Thanks!). So far, I've just been loading and >>> using LXQt without getting into the details, so my feedback is not >>> very informed yet. >>> >>> I loaded the lxqt-extras package to start, but none of the >>> applications are showing up in the menus. It seems more broken than >>> LXQt 2.1.0 on the OpenBSD 7.9 release. >>> >>> I did use the suggested .xsession in the package readme. Maybe this >>> could be added to suppress the locale errors captured in the attached >>> xsession-errors file: >>> >>> # Set the locale >>> export LC_ALL="C.UTF-8" >>> >>> I'll try to do some familiarization with LXQt this weekend, and >>> provide some more specific feedback. Maybe the missing menu entries >>> are easy to fix. >>> >>> Cheers, >>> >>> --Bruce >> >> So, the menu file wasn't selected in the "Fancy Menu Settings". The >> work around is to select the lxqt-applications.menu file. The file >> exists, and the settings UI opens the correct directory to find it. >> >> Entering the menu settings is accomplished with a right click on the >> menu button in the lower left hand corner of the desktop. Maybe there >> is some way to populate the settings with the correct menu file at >> installation. > > One more suggestion for the .xinitrc/.xsession in the package readme, at > least with twm/openbox: > > # Start the compositing manager > xcompmgr -n & Over the weekend I figured out that picom seems to be a more popular compositing manager than xcompmgr in the LXQt community. The OpenBSD port of picom also includes a picom.desktop file. It does seem to be more common for picom to be launched from the LXQt Session Settings Autostart dialog, and picom does appear there. For whatever reason, picom isn't launching, even when enabled from the Application Autostart Session Settings dialog. This is with OpenBSD -current updated this morning (sysupgrade -s), followed by an update of the packages. I haven't found what error the picom command invocation is throwing. I'll do some digging and see if I can identify that.
No comments:
Post a Comment