Friday, August 28, 2026

Re: [NEW] net/chrony -> Fwd: Chrony 4.8 for ports

On 2026-07-18 08:54, Thomas Kupper wrote: > Atanas Vladimirov wrote on 16.07.2026 11:46: >> On 2026-07-14 19:28, Thomas Kupper wrote: >>> Atanas Vladimirov wrote on 13.07.2026 14:30: >>>> On 2026-02-03 16:06, Thomas Kupper wrote: >>>>> On 03.02.2026 13:48, Stuart Henderson wrote: >>>>>> i'd be happier about having this in ports if the diffs supporting >>>>>> openbsd were upstream, rather than coming from a fork. >>>>> >>>>> Sure, that makes sense. I'll see if I can get into upstream. >>>>> >>>>> /Thomas >>>>> >>>> >>>> Hey Thomas, >>>> >>>> Thanks for your work on chrony port for OpenBSD. >>>> I was very pleased to find you work and I'm testing your initial >>>> port more than a month now :) >>> >>> Glad it is of interest for you. Shaun Ren >>> (https://github.com/shaunren/chrony) is the original author, btw. >> >> Yes, I know that the cudos should go to Shaun Ren as the owner of the >> changes :). I also tracked your efforts to find/contact him. >> >>> >>>> >>>> Also, I found that the OpenBSD support was already merged into >>>> chrony gitlab repo and I suppose that it will be >>>> part of the next chrony release, right? >>> >>> I would think so, yes. Miroslav is the maintainer and will decide I >>> assume. >> >> Yes, let's see when the new chrony version (with OpenBSD support) will >> pop up. >> Then, I suppose that you will make/send a new port version and >> hopefully, it will get merged officially, right? > > I will send a new port when 4.9 with OpenBSD is released, yep. We will > see if gets accepted. > > /Thomas > Hey Thomas, Good news, chrony-4.9 has been released :) (https://chrony-project.org/news.html) It includes two major changes: - Add support for OpenBSD - Add refclock driver for OpenBSD timedelta sensors Once again thank you for you time and effort making this possible :) Best wishes, Atanas

No comments:

Post a Comment