Saturday, October 03, 2026

[gerd.sebastian.rother@protonmail.com: QWZ Driver and LibreWolf]

I've had enough of your bullshit Sebastian. Please don't email me again. ----- Forwarded message from Sebastian Rother <gerd.sebastian.rother@protonmail.com> ----- From: Sebastian Rother <gerd.sebastian.rother@protonmail.com> Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2026 14:36:04 +0000 To: "stu@spacehopper.org" <stu@spacehopper.org> Subject: QWZ Driver and LibreWolf About what you wrote at Ports@ related to LibreWolf: " what i meant by "there is no time to do that for release" is that there's no time to do that. " Then ship the QWZ-Driver also! Include it without the Patches for the Memory Managent, PLEASE! "WE HAVE NO TIME", right? Stuart, sometimes you have to make an Exception. A better Approach would be asking the LibreWolf-Developers to provide an LTS and drop Mozilla and just include the LTS-Version. I generally would just include LTS-Versions at the Ports if possible. But that is being me... "this is really too late at this point." Since when do "we" have no TIME FOR SECURITY IN OPENBSD?! Henning even fixed the PF Bug back then within HOURS and the Door for COMMITS where "closed". Kyrill and stsp fixed qwz.... after I bitched both hard... STSP even ack'ed Patches wich where simply wrong before and nobody noticed... And now you tell us all: "It is too late for Security"? Stuart, you will do it because it is the RIGHT THING TO DO. Otherwise reject all the QWZ-Patches.... Come on: Then be LOGICAL! TOO LATE, SORRY for you owned Boxes and the Bullshit we deliver but "we got Rules".... Wich where back 20 Years: SECURITY FIRST... When did I ever asked you about a Port? And the Arguments are right: The Other Patches also went in so they where all basicly reviewed... Leah Rowe is right with her (my assumption, Leah sounds female in German) accusation. BE HAPPY we get People like her! Be happy you get People like me who blame the Devs for coding Bullshit in QWZ: but this gets into the RELEASE and they never named me once (yes I wrote Theo, he also did not mentioned me but after I mailed to him they analyzed their fucking Memory Management.. strange...) Make your Choice but OpenBSD is right now not in the best shape anyway. And yes Stuart: I informed them about the qwz Driver, wich is "too late to get Patches in" related to you. If it works there: Make it possible for this Port... WHY WOULD YOU ENDAGER USERS? That makes no Sense.. Kind regards, Sebastian Rother ----- End forwarded message ----- ----- Forwarded message from Sebastian Rother <gerd.sebastian.rother@protonmail.com> ----- From: Sebastian Rother <gerd.sebastian.rother@protonmail.com> Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2026 15:07:10 +0000 To: "info@minifree.org" <info@minifree.org>, "stu@spacehopper.org" <stu@spacehopper.org> Subject: LibreWolf Port I just like to let you know I wrote a "informational" e-mail to Stuart. I found the Bugs in the MEMORY MANAGEMENT of the QWZ-Driver and bitched at kyrill and stsp to fix them and Informed Theo and even the german BSI since GENUA-Firewalls base on OpenBSD. Related to Stuart all these Patches need to get rejected for Release. I asked him to make an Exception since sometimes it's required and I reminded him, that 20year before.. the Priority was always: SECURITY FIRST. Who remembers OpenBSD 2.1 and co anymore.. :-) But the Decision will be his, and his alone. I personally thank you for the Port because I think this Project needs support and more Attention since Mozilla became corrupted. Like I would wish Xenoncara-Devs would talk to Libre to unify Patches. Is there any LTS Version of LibreWolf? And maybe we should change (later, next Release) some Config Options so that Hardwaredecoding is enabled by default. It could help to Find Bugs in the Subsystem of OpenBSD but it should be mentioned and also how Users deactivate it. I am sure we might find something accidently.. Maybe Stuart and you like to watch a little (realy short) Video: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/b1LFe9E2DeU As I was 16 I cracked the Deutsche Bank network. Now as I am older and drink Wine I find Memory Management Issues (after some Alcohol) in the QWZ-Driver because I decided to come back "to the Field". Be it RX, DMA... and they get into the Release but your Patches should not even they're identical to the others... So I asked Stuart to include the QWZ-Driver without the Patches (you can read about them as PATCH SETS Kyrill posted at TECH@". I find this strange... and I was not even named since they dislike me after I found Bugs in their beloved PF (wich henning@) wich they fixed also even if the CVS was "closed" for Release.... So somehow, sometimes, it worked... as SECURITY FIRST was maybe a Paradigm... Stuart: A Deal you can tell Theo: If I find Bugs I might report them. If Not I simply tell you after each Release about it. Because: QWZ TESTS the QWZ-Driver so SHORTLY before Release? "it's too late", right...? Why not playing this game equally... Kind regards, Sebastian Rother ----- End forwarded message ----- ----- Forwarded message from Sebastian Rother <gerd.sebastian.rother@protonmail.com> ----- From: Sebastian Rother <gerd.sebastian.rother@protonmail.com> Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2026 15:19:58 +0000 To: "info@minifree.org" <info@minifree.org>, "stu@spacehopper.org" <stu@spacehopper.org> Subject: AW: LibreWolf Port An information I missed to let you know: I never asked Stuart to do this for a Port but I see no Issues. Not fixing the Bugs Endlagers People and Users. Otherwise I will and would have waited with my Critic about the QWZ-Driver since I was not aware "it's too short" and "No time anymore".... Sure you can Patch things later but I was not aware OpenBSd is now days driven like a retarded EA Computer Game who promises you to get "DAY 1 PATCHES".... So make your Decision Stuart. You got my Offer... you know I can find Bugs.... But rejecting already revied and identical Patches is simply BS.... and not logical. I mean: Ports are anyway maintained POORLY STUART.... Updates are frequently not backported to supported Releases. Sebastian Rother Sebastian Rother <gerd.sebastian.rother@protonmail.com> schrieb am Samstag, 3. Oktober 2026 um 17:07: > I just like to let you know I wrote a "informational" e-mail to Stuart. > > I found the Bugs in the MEMORY MANAGEMENT of the QWZ-Driver and bitched at kyrill and stsp to fix them and Informed Theo and even the german BSI since GENUA-Firewalls base on OpenBSD. > > Related to Stuart all these Patches need to get rejected for Release. > I asked him to make an Exception since sometimes it's required and I reminded him, that 20year before.. the Priority was always: SECURITY FIRST. > > Who remembers OpenBSD 2.1 and co anymore.. :-) > > But the Decision will be his, and his alone. > > I personally thank you for the Port because I think this Project needs support and more Attention since Mozilla became corrupted. Like I would wish Xenoncara-Devs would talk to Libre to unify Patches. > > Is there any LTS Version of LibreWolf? > And maybe we should change (later, next Release) some Config Options so that Hardwaredecoding is enabled by default. It could help to Find Bugs in the Subsystem of OpenBSD but it should be mentioned and also how Users deactivate it. > > I am sure we might find something accidently.. > > Maybe Stuart and you like to watch a little (realy short) Video: > https://www.youtube.com/shorts/b1LFe9E2DeU > > As I was 16 I cracked the Deutsche Bank network. Now as I am older and drink Wine I find Memory Management Issues (after some Alcohol) in the QWZ-Driver because I decided to come back "to the Field". Be it RX, DMA... and they get into the Release but your Patches should not even they're identical to the others... > > So I asked Stuart to include the QWZ-Driver without the Patches (you can read about them as PATCH SETS Kyrill posted at TECH@". > > I find this strange... and I was not even named since they dislike me after I found Bugs in their beloved PF (wich henning@) wich they fixed also even if the CVS was "closed" for Release.... So somehow, sometimes, it worked... as SECURITY FIRST was maybe a Paradigm... > > Stuart: A Deal you can tell Theo: > If I find Bugs I might report them. If Not I simply tell you after each Release about it. Because: QWZ TESTS the QWZ-Driver so SHORTLY before Release? "it's too late", right...? > > Why not playing this game equally... > > Kind regards, > Sebastian Rother ----- End forwarded message ----- ----- Forwarded message from Sebastian Rother <gerd.sebastian.rother@protonmail.com> ----- From: Sebastian Rother <gerd.sebastian.rother@protonmail.com> Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2026 15:35:54 +0000 To: "info@minifree.org" <info@minifree.org>, "stu@spacehopper.org" <stu@spacehopper.org> Subject: AW: LibreWolf Port Latest Patchset for the QWZ-Driver (and look what they "missed" accidently, DMA, RX ..memory Management. But what could get wrong in a Driver wich is in the Kernel, right? It was send on the first of this Month, her Request was send on the second. Is this realy the Border Stuart? Then I just mention Bugs on the SECOND of course... or the third of a Month? And happy GERMAN REUNIFICATION DAY :) Kind regards, Sebastian Rother Sebastian Rother <gerd.sebastian.rother@protonmail.com> schrieb am Samstag, 3. Oktober 2026 um 17:19: > An information I missed to let you know: > > I never asked Stuart to do this for a Port but I see no Issues. > Not fixing the Bugs Endlagers People and Users. Otherwise I will and would have waited with my Critic about the QWZ-Driver since I was not aware "it's too short" and "No time anymore".... > > Sure you can Patch things later but I was not aware OpenBSd is now days driven like a retarded EA Computer Game who promises you to get "DAY 1 PATCHES".... > > So make your Decision Stuart. You got my Offer... you know I can find Bugs.... > > But rejecting already revied and identical Patches is simply BS.... and not logical. I mean: Ports are anyway maintained POORLY STUART.... Updates are frequently not backported to supported Releases. > > > Sebastian Rother > > Sebastian Rother <gerd.sebastian.rother@protonmail.com> schrieb am Samstag, 3. Oktober 2026 um 17:07: > > > I just like to let you know I wrote a "informational" e-mail to Stuart. > > > > I found the Bugs in the MEMORY MANAGEMENT of the QWZ-Driver and bitched at kyrill and stsp to fix them and Informed Theo and even the german BSI since GENUA-Firewalls base on OpenBSD. > > > > Related to Stuart all these Patches need to get rejected for Release. > > I asked him to make an Exception since sometimes it's required and I reminded him, that 20year before.. the Priority was always: SECURITY FIRST. > > > > Who remembers OpenBSD 2.1 and co anymore.. :-) > > > > But the Decision will be his, and his alone. > > > > I personally thank you for the Port because I think this Project needs support and more Attention since Mozilla became corrupted. Like I would wish Xenoncara-Devs would talk to Libre to unify Patches. > > > > Is there any LTS Version of LibreWolf? > > And maybe we should change (later, next Release) some Config Options so that Hardwaredecoding is enabled by default. It could help to Find Bugs in the Subsystem of OpenBSD but it should be mentioned and also how Users deactivate it. > > > > I am sure we might find something accidently.. > > > > Maybe Stuart and you like to watch a little (realy short) Video: > > https://www.youtube.com/shorts/b1LFe9E2DeU > > > > As I was 16 I cracked the Deutsche Bank network. Now as I am older and drink Wine I find Memory Management Issues (after some Alcohol) in the QWZ-Driver because I decided to come back "to the Field". Be it RX, DMA... and they get into the Release but your Patches should not even they're identical to the others... > > > > So I asked Stuart to include the QWZ-Driver without the Patches (you can read about them as PATCH SETS Kyrill posted at TECH@". > > > > I find this strange... and I was not even named since they dislike me after I found Bugs in their beloved PF (wich henning@) wich they fixed also even if the CVS was "closed" for Release.... So somehow, sometimes, it worked... as SECURITY FIRST was maybe a Paradigm... > > > > Stuart: A Deal you can tell Theo: > > If I find Bugs I might report them. If Not I simply tell you after each Release about it. Because: QWZ TESTS the QWZ-Driver so SHORTLY before Release? "it's too late", right...? > > > > Why not playing this game equally... > > > > Kind regards, > > Sebastian Rother ----- End forwarded message ----- ----- Forwarded message from Sebastian Rother <gerd.sebastian.rother@protonmail.com> ----- From: Sebastian Rother <gerd.sebastian.rother@protonmail.com> Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2026 16:00:17 +0000 To: "info@minifree.org" <info@minifree.org>, "stu@spacehopper.org" <stu@spacehopper.org> Subject: AW: LibreWolf Port Ok Stuart, YOU JUST ACKNOEDLEDGED AN IMPORT for fucking APACHE.... AT THE SAME DAY YOU ASSHOLE... What do you think PEOPLE DO USE MORE: APACHE or a BROWSER... But her Update got denied? Now I start to get unfriendly... JUST BECAUSE YOU PIECE OF SHIT MAYBE USES APACHE "this is not too late" or what.... WHAT ENDAGERS MORE PEOPLE.... "an APACHE we can fix AFTER RELEASE" (YOUR WORDS YOU COWARD!) or a Browser wich People install and then wait until you fapped off at some Linux Code or whatever before you rebuild the patched Package for a BROWSER. DO YOUR FUCKING JOB OR LET SOMEBODY ELSE DO IT..... Ah it's GIOVANNI and that is why this Update gets in or what? https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=179093897725544&w=2 WHAT IS THE DATE STUART.... NO KIND REGARDS... just ROTHER, aka "Rembrandt", Head of HELITH NETWORK.... Sebastian Rother <gerd.sebastian.rother@protonmail.com> schrieb am Samstag, 3. Oktober 2026 um 17:35: > Latest Patchset for the QWZ-Driver (and look what they "missed" accidently, DMA, RX ..memory Management. But what could get wrong in a Driver wich is in the Kernel, right? It was send on the first of this Month, her Request was send on the second. > > Is this realy the Border Stuart? Then I just mention Bugs on the SECOND of course... or the third of a Month? > > And happy GERMAN REUNIFICATION DAY :) > > Kind regards, > Sebastian Rother > > > Sebastian Rother <gerd.sebastian.rother@protonmail.com> schrieb am Samstag, 3. Oktober 2026 um 17:19: > > > An information I missed to let you know: > > > > I never asked Stuart to do this for a Port but I see no Issues. > > Not fixing the Bugs Endlagers People and Users. Otherwise I will and would have waited with my Critic about the QWZ-Driver since I was not aware "it's too short" and "No time anymore".... > > > > Sure you can Patch things later but I was not aware OpenBSd is now days driven like a retarded EA Computer Game who promises you to get "DAY 1 PATCHES".... > > > > So make your Decision Stuart. You got my Offer... you know I can find Bugs.... > > > > But rejecting already revied and identical Patches is simply BS.... and not logical. I mean: Ports are anyway maintained POORLY STUART.... Updates are frequently not backported to supported Releases. > > > > > > Sebastian Rother > > > > Sebastian Rother <gerd.sebastian.rother@protonmail.com> schrieb am Samstag, 3. Oktober 2026 um 17:07: > > > > > I just like to let you know I wrote a "informational" e-mail to Stuart. > > > > > > I found the Bugs in the MEMORY MANAGEMENT of the QWZ-Driver and bitched at kyrill and stsp to fix them and Informed Theo and even the german BSI since GENUA-Firewalls base on OpenBSD. > > > > > > Related to Stuart all these Patches need to get rejected for Release. > > > I asked him to make an Exception since sometimes it's required and I reminded him, that 20year before.. the Priority was always: SECURITY FIRST. > > > > > > Who remembers OpenBSD 2.1 and co anymore.. :-) > > > > > > But the Decision will be his, and his alone. > > > > > > I personally thank you for the Port because I think this Project needs support and more Attention since Mozilla became corrupted. Like I would wish Xenoncara-Devs would talk to Libre to unify Patches. > > > > > > Is there any LTS Version of LibreWolf? > > > And maybe we should change (later, next Release) some Config Options so that Hardwaredecoding is enabled by default. It could help to Find Bugs in the Subsystem of OpenBSD but it should be mentioned and also how Users deactivate it. > > > > > > I am sure we might find something accidently.. > > > > > > Maybe Stuart and you like to watch a little (realy short) Video: > > > https://www.youtube.com/shorts/b1LFe9E2DeU > > > > > > As I was 16 I cracked the Deutsche Bank network. Now as I am older and drink Wine I find Memory Management Issues (after some Alcohol) in the QWZ-Driver because I decided to come back "to the Field". Be it RX, DMA... and they get into the Release but your Patches should not even they're identical to the others... > > > > > > So I asked Stuart to include the QWZ-Driver without the Patches (you can read about them as PATCH SETS Kyrill posted at TECH@". > > > > > > I find this strange... and I was not even named since they dislike me after I found Bugs in their beloved PF (wich henning@) wich they fixed also even if the CVS was "closed" for Release.... So somehow, sometimes, it worked... as SECURITY FIRST was maybe a Paradigm... > > > > > > Stuart: A Deal you can tell Theo: > > > If I find Bugs I might report them. If Not I simply tell you after each Release about it. Because: QWZ TESTS the QWZ-Driver so SHORTLY before Release? "it's too late", right...? > > > > > > Why not playing this game equally... > > > > > > Kind regards, > > > Sebastian Rother ----- End forwarded message ----- ----- Forwarded message from Sebastian Rother <gerd.sebastian.rother@protonmail.com> ----- From: Sebastian Rother <gerd.sebastian.rother@protonmail.com> Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2026 16:50:13 +0000 To: "stu@spacehopper.org" <stu@spacehopper.org> Subject: Volume in sndio Stuart, Even after my Critic I might got a very private Question. I tried to read and understand sndio and it took me some while. Issue is: Another happy OpenBSD User but his left ear has Issues and he asked me to make the Sound louder (on the left Channel speficially of course). This would be the correct Code: # Oder den linken Kanal relativ um 10% anheben sndioctl output[0].level=+0.1 Could you maybe talk internally to get such an Example into the Manpage? Sure not everyone needs it but if you need it: I had also to read it up and such an easy Example could maybe get included. There other Examples included in the Manpage itself. :) No relation to the other e-Mails but it might be helpful for People. Kind regards, Sebastian Rother ----- End forwarded message ----- ----- Forwarded message from Sebastian Rother <gerd.sebastian.rother@protonmail.com> ----- From: Sebastian Rother <gerd.sebastian.rother@protonmail.com> Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2026 16:55:41 +0000 To: "stu@spacehopper.org" <stu@spacehopper.org> Subject: AW: Volume in sndio I just got another Idea: WHAT IS TO USE: mixerctl or sndioctl... Bot basicly would do the same so the Code can get factored out wich shrinks the Binaries... Something like "doas mixerctl outputs.master=255,200" Wich gets included into the .login or so but requires further Configs. Why can't a user do it without doas and co for his Session? I see no wy so far... So what would be the "right way"? And why are there multiple Paths? :) Sebastian Rother Sebastian Rother <gerd.sebastian.rother@protonmail.com> schrieb am Samstag, 3. Oktober 2026 um 18:50: > Stuart, > > Even after my Critic I might got a very private Question. > I tried to read and understand sndio and it took me some while. > > Issue is: Another happy OpenBSD User but his left ear has Issues and he asked me to make the Sound louder (on the left Channel speficially of course). > > This would be the correct Code: > # Oder den linken Kanal relativ um 10% anheben > sndioctl output[0].level=+0.1 > > Could you maybe talk internally to get such an Example into the Manpage? > > Sure not everyone needs it but if you need it: I had also to read it up and such an easy Example could maybe get included. There other Examples included in the Manpage itself. :) > > No relation to the other e-Mails but it might be helpful for People. > > > > Kind regards, > Sebastian Rother ----- End forwarded message ----- ----- Forwarded message from Sebastian Rother <gerd.sebastian.rother@protonmail.com> ----- From: Sebastian Rother <gerd.sebastian.rother@protonmail.com> Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2026 16:58:19 +0000 To: "stu@spacehopper.org" <stu@spacehopper.org> Subject: AW: Volume in sndio I do not get it likely. sndio can do Multiplexing so a per Session is basicly possible. I just see Solutions for SYSTEMWIDE CHANGES, wich is not wanted.... In Question you lack Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqvckWG2fCU Canon in D [Original Version] (J.C. Pachelbel). You will enjoy it. ;) Thanks Stuart! Kind regards, Sebastian Rother Gesendet mit Proton Mail: Ein sicherer E-Mail-Dienst. Sebastian Rother <gerd.sebastian.rother@protonmail.com> schrieb am Samstag, 3. Oktober 2026 um 18:55: > I just got another Idea: > > WHAT IS TO USE: mixerctl or sndioctl... > > Bot basicly would do the same so the Code can get factored out wich shrinks the Binaries... > > Something like > "doas mixerctl outputs.master=255,200" > Wich gets included into the .login or so but requires further Configs. Why can't a user do it without doas and co for his Session? I see no wy so far... > > So what would be the "right way"? And why are there multiple Paths? :) > > > Sebastian Rother > > Sebastian Rother <gerd.sebastian.rother@protonmail.com> schrieb am Samstag, 3. Oktober 2026 um 18:50: > > > Stuart, > > > > Even after my Critic I might got a very private Question. > > I tried to read and understand sndio and it took me some while. > > > > Issue is: Another happy OpenBSD User but his left ear has Issues and he asked me to make the Sound louder (on the left Channel speficially of course). > > > > This would be the correct Code: > > # Oder den linken Kanal relativ um 10% anheben > > sndioctl output[0].level=+0.1 > > > > Could you maybe talk internally to get such an Example into the Manpage? > > > > Sure not everyone needs it but if you need it: I had also to read it up and such an easy Example could maybe get included. There other Examples included in the Manpage itself. :) > > > > No relation to the other e-Mails but it might be helpful for People. > > > > > > > > Kind regards, > > Sebastian Rother ----- End forwarded message -----

No comments:

Post a Comment