Friday, June 30, 2017

Re: OpenBSD IPSec setup

I think he wanted to know why you are still using ipsec/IKEv1 (/etc/ipsec.conf) instead of ipsec/IKEv2 (/etc/iked.conf).
Sent from ProtonMail Mobile

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 12:59 PM, Marko Cupać <marko.cupac@mimar.rs> wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 12:32:01 +0200 Luescher Claude wrote: > Why are you using ipsec in the 21th century: Because it is in OpenBSD base. Because, at least on OpenBSD, it integrates great with the rest of networking ecosystem (carp, sasync, ospf, pf etc.) Because it pays my bills for more than a decade now. Because my users are satisfied. Because my employers are satisfied. Because I haven't encountered anything better for site-to-site VPNs so far (I also use both OpenVPN and npppd for my road warriors' needs). I could go on. -- Before enlightenment - chop wood, draw water. After enlightenment - chop wood, draw water. Marko Cupać https://www.mimar.rs/ @tango.lu>

No comments:

Post a Comment