Hi
Thanks for your help. I will return in the end of next week - Trying to
install Audacity from source code.
Best regards
Freddy
On Wednesday, 23 August 2017 15:34:05 CEST, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2017/08/23 10:51, Paul Irofti wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please search the archives[0]. If you make any progress or find new
>> roadblocks let us know. I would like to see the port updated too, but I
>> do not use it enough to do it myself.
>>
>> Paul ...
>
> here's a start at it:
>
> - audacity 2.1.3 wants wxWidgets 3.0.x; this update is awkward enough
> on its own without having to deal with updating wxWidgets and the other
> wxWidgets users - so targetting audacity 2.1.1 for now (the last release
> for wx 2.8.x).
>
> - the standard "audacity-minsrc" tarball doesn't include the patched
> portaudio (and it's on a fosshub time-limited URL), using github checkout
> instead.
>
> - sndio borrowed from audio/portaudio-svn/{files,patches}.
>
> WIP attached, but it won't build as-is, linking needs more work;
>
> 1. internally built libs (widgetextra, portaudio and others) are
> linked dynamically and need to be static
>
> 2. libtool isn't passing -L/usr/local/lib to the linker so it doesn't
> find some libs from the system
>
> 3. WANTLIB/LIB_DEPENDS aren't guaranteed correct
>
> Bodging the libtool issues and forcing LD_LIBRARY_PATH I have been able
> to successfully run the binary, though I don't have my laptop to hand,
> and haven't figured out how to unbreak audio on my workstation after
> some update, so I can't be sure it will actually play/record audio at
> this point.
>
> Anyway this is a lot better starting point if someone wants to pick it up.
>
>
>
No comments:
Post a Comment