Thursday, November 30, 2017

Re: OpenBSD Puffy Stickers

Alright guys, he gets it. I wouldn't want to have to read two obligatory
leaving letters in one week :)


On Dec 1, 2017 1:31 AM, "Eric Furman" <ericfurman@fastmail.net> wrote:

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017, at 11:07 PM, Theo de Raadt wrote:
> > Currently the OpenBSD store has mugs, t-shirts, posters, and CDs. All of
> > those require more expense than stickers. Stickers are rather
inexpensive
> > to produce, can be sold for high markup, and cost very little to ship,
not
> > to mention are very popular, especially in the tech industry.
> >
> > It wouldn't require any new artwork or commissions. If you were to sell
> > Puffy stickers or OpenBSD Logo stickers I'm sure they'd be top-sellers.
> >
> > Case in point, UnixStickers.com charges $2.69 per sticker and that
doesn't
> > include shipping.
>
> Why should I do that? You only thought of yourself.
>
> What is in it for me?
>
> NOTHING.
>
> So why should I do this for you?
>
> If you think I should, and you repeatedly send mails saying so I can
> only conclude one thing:
>
> You have a self-entitlement issue.
>

This *MIGHT* be a great idea, buuuuuuuuut...
WHO IS GOING TO DO IT?
I don't want Theo or any of the Devs wasting their time doing crap like
this
that might just turn out to be a wast of time. They should be coding.
People are always asking "What can I do to help the Project"?
What people can do is to DO something and not talk about it.
So, make a batch of stickers yourself and sell them on ebay.
Then you can see for yourself just how Big A Seller they can be.
I'm going to bet that it will turn out to take a lot more time and
effort than you think and that it will turn very little if any profit.
But hey, don't let me stop you.
Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment