Wednesday, January 31, 2018

dpb(1) and pkgpath(7) file not working

I am working on some partial bulk builds with dpb(1) and was intending
to use a list of packages to build from a file conforming to pkgpath(7).
My pkglist file always gives an error. I can build ports by listing them
individually just fine on the command line.

octeon# dpb -B /dest -P ~/pkglist
Started as: root
Port user: root
Build user: _pbuild
Fetch user: _pfetch
Log user: _pbuild
Unpriv user: _dpb
dpb: Bad package path: /root/pkglist
Usage: dpb [-acemqrRsuUvx] [-A arch] [-B chroot] [-C plist] [-f m] [-F m]
[-I pathlist] [-J p] [-j n] [-p parallel] [-P pathlist] [-h hosts]
[-L logdir] [-l lockdir] [-b log] [-M threshold] [-X pathlist]
[pathlist ...]

octeon# cat /root/pkglist
net/curl
net/wget
net/fping

I prepared /dest (a partition) with proot(1) and everything works fine
by running:

octeon# dpb -B /dest net/curl net/wget net/fping

I also thought that since 'dpb -B' is a chroot setup, perhaps I needed
my pkglist under the chroot. I copied it to /dest/root/pkglist which
still shows the same issue.

Is there some bug with reading a pkgpath(7) with dpb or am I making some
mistake in my invocation?

Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment