Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Re: dpb(1) and pkgpath(7) file not working

On Wed, January 31, 2018 2:45 pm, Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:
> I am working on some partial bulk builds with dpb(1) and was intending
> to use a list of packages to build from a file conforming to pkgpath(7).
> My pkglist file always gives an error. I can build ports by listing them
> individually just fine on the command line.
>
> octeon# dpb -B /dest -P ~/pkglist
> Started as: root
> Port user: root
> Build user: _pbuild
> Fetch user: _pfetch
> Log user: _pbuild
> Unpriv user: _dpb
> dpb: Bad package path: /root/pkglist
> Usage: dpb [-acemqrRsuUvx] [-A arch] [-B chroot] [-C plist] [-f m] [-F m]
> [-I pathlist] [-J p] [-j n] [-p parallel] [-P pathlist] [-h hosts]
> [-L logdir] [-l lockdir] [-b log] [-M threshold] [-X pathlist]
> [pathlist ...]
>
> octeon# cat /root/pkglist
> net/curl
> net/wget
> net/fping
>

The file can't be in /root. I think this was explained previously but
either /root/something looks like a valid individual package or is a valid
package path.

Tim.


> I prepared /dest (a partition) with proot(1) and everything works fine
> by running:
>
> octeon# dpb -B /dest net/curl net/wget net/fping
>
> I also thought that since 'dpb -B' is a chroot setup, perhaps I needed
> my pkglist under the chroot. I copied it to /dest/root/pkglist which
> still shows the same issue.
>
> Is there some bug with reading a pkgpath(7) with dpb or am I making some
> mistake in my invocation?
>
> Bryan
>

No comments:

Post a Comment