Monday, April 30, 2018

[New] citra - 3DS emulator

Please find attached this port of the 3DS emulator citra. It can run homebrew
and other 3DS roms. Comes with a commandline binary (citra) and a Qt one
(citra-qt). Like many other emulators, it requires USE_WXNEEDED to run
unfortunately. Based on my testing, the emulation speed seems good for 2D
games, but 3D games run a little sluggish on this i7-6820HQ with Intel HD
Graphics 530.

A few notes on the port:

- versioning - right now based on numbering of nightly (670). Alternatives might
be the date of the nightly, e.g. 20180427. Let me know if there's a
preference.
- listed license information on all relevant builtin libs. Let me know if this
is too detailed.
- I tried to disable builtin dependencies where possible, like cryptopp and
enet.
- I can't get soundtouch from ports to work because of a type incompatibility
short* vs. float* (same problem exists for dolphin emulator). Apparently
these ports are set up for integer samples, while our ports version is not
(additional information can be found here:
https://www.surina.net/soundtouch/README.html
under 3.1 Supported sample data formats for anyone who might be luckier than
me in troubleshooting this).
- The inclusion of submodules follows the way it's been done with
emulators/ppsspp.
- I disabled WebService which is for telemetry and pulls in additional
dependencies.

I put my fastmail email address as maintainer email. I'm planning to switch all
the ports with my ymail address to this one over time. Will keep ymail address
still available for the lifecycle of 6.3.

All tests pass in 'make test'.

No comments:

Post a Comment