Monday, April 30, 2018

Re: [Patch] Python for non wxallowed /usr/local

Hi,

> Can you please give me a link to fix?
Sorry, I misunderstood you.

I run snapshot and it has wxallowed for /usr/local by default (I haven't
touched it).
$ grep wxallowed /etc/fstab
4154a363527e316f.h /usr/local ffs rw,wxallowed,nodev 1 2

python is wxneeded since 2016 in OpenBSD:
https://github.com/openbsd/ports/blame/master/lang/python/Makefile.inc#L127

$ readelf -a $(which python3) | grep WX
OPENBSD_WXNEED 0x0000000000000000 0x0000000000000000 0x0000000000000000

So, it now works perfectly.

But virtualenv is broken because it copies file to my home,
and /home is not wxallowed.

I do not use any package that needs WX, so I am not able to use virtualenv
for no good reason.

To fix it, I rebuild python from ports using USE_WXNEEDED=no
It solved my problem, but I do not want to build Python from ports,
so better solution would be to
* Accept your patch and create 2 flavors of python
* Or set USE_WXNEEDED=no by default

Virtualenv is de-facto standard, it is not good to break it
because some modules need WX.

And enabling "wxneeded" for python generally decreases security.

> it's better to patch W|X ports
Yes, but is not it better to disable wxneeded and then try to patch them
or create two flavors until they are fixed?

Ilya.

No comments:

Post a Comment