Monday, April 30, 2018

Re: [Patch] Python for non wxallowed /usr/local

I was trying to say that port maintainer added wxneded to python and fixed
issues with packages
that use WX (i.e. py- cryptography). I assume they did not work without of
it.
And now they work for python running in /usr/local (because it is
wxallowed by default).
I am not native English speaker, so I have some problems expressing my
thoughts. Sorry.

> My patch may and will break ports which depend on W|X,
And with out of it virtualenv (one of the most used packages) is broken.

If we keep default python with wxneeded then nothing will brake, right?
And those, who need virtualenv will have ability to simply "pk_add
python3-nowx".

Now they have to rebuild python from ports disabling USE_WXNEEDED manually,
which could be cumbersome (i.e. I do not have ports on server, I need to
build package on another machine, update it etc).

From my point of view that is what happens:
1) secuirity is slightly decreased because we run wxenabled app on
wxallowed /usr/local by default
2) one of the most popular packages is broken (virtualenv in home does not
work)

No comments:

Post a Comment