Friday, August 31, 2018

Re: isakmpd and iked on the same box

Am Donnerstag, August 30, 2018 17:39 CEST, Philipp Buehler <e1c1bac6253dc54a1e89ddc046585792@posteo.net> schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> Am 30.08.2018 10:27 schrieb Sebastian Reitenbach:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm wondering if it would be possible to add iked to my box already
> > running isakmpd.
> > I found this quite old thread:
> > http://openbsd-archive.7691.n7.nabble.com/iked-isakmpd-on-the-same-machine-td246610.html
>
> Why is it "always" my old threads in this area? :-)
>
> I was not following development too closely, but I think that on the
> kernel side
> things have not changed. Which means iked and isakmpd will happily "toe
> tap"
> on each others SADB in the kernel (even if there is *some* PID
> handling).
>
> Would like to hear if kernel side has "improved" lately, but the overall
> standpoint
> looks like: IKEv1 is dead (e.g. see the removal of IKEv1 stubs in iked
> some "months ago").
>
> [Still stuck with my ikev2 with strongswan on a different box solution]

isakmpd and iked on separate nodes still seems to be the way to go.

thanks everyone.

Sebastian

>
> HTH... wait, no:
> ciao
> --
> pb

No comments:

Post a Comment