Thursday, August 30, 2018

Re: OpenBGPD as route server - correct filter syntax ?

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 03:29:50PM +0000, Bob Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to figure out the most suitable config params transform OpenBGPD into a route server.
>
> So far I have :
> route-collector yes

If you are configuring a route server, you don't want "route-collector yes".
Or if you want a route collector, it won't advertise any route so your concerns
are null.

> transparent-as yes
>
> But my concern is more in the area of suitable filters to prevent loops.
>
> I'm thinking I need something along the lines of :
>
> allow to any peer-as != neighbor-as
>
> But any variation of the above that I try always ends up with a "bgpd -n -f" throwing a syntax error.
>
> Ideas most welcome !
>

This is not needed. Code says (rde_update.c L292) :

if (peer == prefp)
/* Do not send routes back to sender */
return (0);

> Thanks
>
> Bob
>

No comments:

Post a Comment