Thursday, August 30, 2018

Re: [UPDATE] devel/ipython 5.3.0p0 -> 5.8.0 and devel/py-ipykernel 4.6.1p0 -> 4.9.0

2018-08-30 6:09 GMT-03:00 Edd Barrett <edd@theunixzoo.co.uk>:
> Hi Elias,
>
> I've installed and ran ipython for Python 2 and 3. Seems to be working.
> I've not tested any QT stuff -- I'll take your word that that works.
>
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 11:37:35PM -0300, Elias M. Mariani wrote:
>> The self-test returns 1 error, I think that is related to
>> graphics/py-matplotlib.
>> (I added matplotlib to the test depends, it wasn't there before)
>
> And does that make the test pass?
Sorry, maybe I didn't explain this in the right way:
The test was running without grapchis/matplotlib, I added the
dependency to enable the full extent of the tests, before this the
test was skipped, so, this reveals a problem that most likely was
hidden by the lack of the test dependency.
The error was something like: "cannot write mode RGBA as JPEG" or
something of the sort, given by python-PIL, while running matplotlib
invoked by IPython, it doesn't look like a problem from IPython.

>
>> I disabled the building of the docs, I will send in a later mail
>> devel/ipython-docs with the same content
>
> That's annoying, but I don't object in the interim. It would be nice to
> have the docs back soon after this goes in though.
I will commit that port as soon as this gets committed.

>
>> Might generate some problem with the Qt version used by some consumer.
>
> Do we have any QT consumers in our tree? I didn't think so.
>
> By the way:
> ---8<---
> +RUN_DEPENDS += devel/ipython${MODPY_FLAVOR}>=4.0.0 \
> + devel/py-jupyter_client${MODPY_FLAVOR} \
> + devel/py-traitlets${MODPY_FLAVOR}>=4.1.0 \
> + www/py-tornado${MODPY_FLAVOR}>=4.0
>
> -RUN_DEPENDS += devel/py-jupyter_client${MODPY_FLAVOR}>=5.0.1 \
> - devel/py-traitlets${MODPY_FLAVOR} \
> - www/py-tornado${MODPY_FLAVOR}
> --->8---
>
> If you move the devel/ipython line you added to the end, then it will be
> easier to see what changed in the diff.
Note taken.

>
> --
> Best Regards
> Edd Barrett
>
> http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment