Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Re: Bluetooth Support

Thanks for your help, but this does not work. The Bluetooth keyboard is
not recognized from the system.
As I wrote before, I closed this issue and use an USB-keyboard.
Bluetooth I never liked. :-)

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 07:36:40PM -0400, martin@martinbrandenburg.com wrote:
> > From stu@spacehopper.org Tue Oct 30 19:32:56 2018
> > To: misc@openbsd.org
> > From: Stuart Henderson <stu@spacehopper.org>
> > Subject: Re: Bluetooth Support
> > Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 23:24:04 +0000 (UTC)
> >
> > On 2018-10-30, Marco Menne <marco.menne17@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hello there,
> > >
> > > I installed OpenBSD 6.4 on an old iMac from 2010 and nearly everything
> > > works fine. The sound is cruel but this is a minor problem.
> > > The Apple has a Bluetooth keyboard and I do not find a way to get it
> > > working. I read in some forum that Bluetooth is not supported in OpenBSD.
> > > Is this true?
> > > I can use an USB-Keyboard, of course, but the Apple keyboard is fine and it
> > > would be a little bit sad, if I had to change to an usb one.
> > >
> > > Greetings, Marco
> > > - - -
> > > Marco Menne
> > > marco.menne17@gmail.com
> > > GnuPG-Public-Key:
> > > https://keyserver.ubuntu.com/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x96A01AB59F6F7ECF
> > >
> >
> > AIUI the firmware on some Apples does actually present a Bluetooth
> > keyboard as a standard keyboard, but I suspect this one will be too
> > old for this and would need an OS that has its own Bluetooth support.
> >
> >
>
> Way back in 2012, I ran OpenBSD on a 2008 MacBook Pro with a Bluetooth
> keyboard and it presented as USB and worked fine.
>
> I ran it for a while actually before I realized and had to ask myself
> how in the world this even works.
>
> Marco, you can test this easily without installing simply by checking to
> see if you can type at the bootloader prompt.
>

--
Marco Menne
marco.menne17@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment