Friday, November 30, 2018

Re: NEW: py-graphite-web

Here's an updated tarball, which enables LDAP support with py3-django.
Since version 2.1 of Django the authenticate method of the backend
must support the request argument[0].

Going back at the description I found that graphite-web officially
only supports Django<2.1,>=1.8, but I much rather have it use py3-django
rather than py3-django-lts, since that would mean also changing
py3-django-tagging, which I recently submitted and there might be other
conflicts hiding out there.

I did a grep of all the removed features through the code and I been
running it in my test-setup also hasn't shown any other issues, so I
don't think there's any other snakes in the grass. But I'm still quite
new to python, so I might be mistaken.

ldap backend support will depend on py3-ldap, which I'll submit in a
moment, but I don't want to add it as a hard dependency here, since I
don't think a lot of people will want to use it.

martijn@

On 11/29/18 2:38 PM, Martijn van Duren wrote:
> Here's the promised py-graphite-web package and frontend to py-carbon.
> It is an wsgi application, which I've tested via gunicorn-3.
>
> After some wrangling I reckon I managed to place all the pieces in the
> common directories, with the exception of local_settings.py[0], which
> remains in ${MODPY_SITEPKG}/graphite, since it's an @sample, which I
> couldn't figure out how to symlink into /etc/graphite/, which would be
> the first place I would look.
>
> I decided to install the webapp in ${MODPY_SITEPKG}, since that would
> make starting up graphite as easy as
> `doas -u _graphite gunicorn-3 graphite.wsgi`
> but being a python newbie I don't know if this is desired and what the
> appropriate place would be otherwise (/var/www/graphite/webapp?).
>
> This of course depends on all other graphite mails I send out the last
> couple of days.
>
> martijn
>
> [0] https://graphite.readthedocs.io/en/latest/config-local-settings.html
>
[0] https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/2.1/releases/2.1/

No comments:

Post a Comment