Thursday, January 31, 2019

Re: Use xenodm like startx?

Thu, 31 Jan 2019 12:23:08 +0100 Freddy Fisker <ff@freddyfisker.dk>
> Hi
>
> I have never used the startx command. I use the xinit command together with
> the ~/.xinitrc file.

Hi Freddy,

Are you referring to a recent OpenBSD, or some other customised variant?
If that's a bypass of the recent security fixes don't bother responding.
I'm only interested how it solves or improves on-demand X session model.

Kind regards,
Anton Lazarov

> Best regards
> Freddy Fisker
>
>
> On Thursday, 31 January 2019 11:57:12 CET, John Ankarström wrote:
> > trondd <trondd@kagu-tsuchi.com> wrote:
> >> It's not really that complicated. The bare minimum is to copy your
> >> .xinitrc to .xsession and then just run xenodm on demand with doas. All
> >> the configs already exist in /etc/X11/xenodm. Nothing requires you to run
> >> it at startup.
> >>
> >> Here's what I've done: ...
> >
> > Hm. Thank you. This works, except the environment in which I
> > run xenodm is lost. For example, I have ENV=~/.kshrc in my
> > ~/.profile, but this isn't inherited to X11 ... I guess I should
> > add these things to my .xsession, but then I'll have it in two
> > places instead of once.
> >
> >> Only thing I never figured out is how to make X and xenodm shutdown when I
> >> exit my window manager.
> >
> > This too makes me feel like xenodm is far too complex for what I want.
> >
> >
> >
>

No comments:

Post a Comment