Sunday, March 31, 2019

Re: Broken ... Anki "current" branch?

bcc: mogin@tuta.io

Regarding your old post from last year

"Broken Libreoffice and Anki "current" branch?"

BTW: LibreOffice works fine for me in 6.4, but Anki doesn't.

On Sun, 8 Jul 2018, mogin@tuta.io wrote:
> ... Anki (core dumped) in "current branch"?

I see it is still core dumping in my home computer under OpenBSD 6.4,
release version.

Wanted to try this flashcard system after mention of it in hacker news.

Had to remote X into an old system I have running elsewhere to try it.
So in OpenBSD 5.6 it was still kind of working.

However it complained when I wanted to put some output into Latex, saying
for the one flash card I tried to create:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Decks Add Browse

What is the formula for Electric field

Error executing latex.
Generated file: /tmp/anki_temp/tmp.tex
Have you installed latex and dvipng?

-------------------------------------------------------------

So the back side of the card, the last few lines above, was supposed to
be some math (enclosed in a Latex field), wouldn't display properly.

Wonder why it didn't load the appropriate packages automatically when I
did pkg_add.

But beside that, I wonder which LATEX packages would be appropriate to
load for "installing latex and dvipng".

If I knew that, I would explore deeper to see if I thought the current
port was worth looking deeper into.

So perhaps you or someone else would take a moment to encourage me.

Austin Hook

No comments:

Post a Comment