Sunday, March 31, 2019

Re: Touchpad - how to enable two-finger scrolling

Thank you. I attempted creating that file in a similar fashion but it did not change the behavior of the touchpad. However I do appreciate the config file snippet. I have a X260 laying around myself so this would be useful.




‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Sunday, March 31, 2019 8:40 AM, Joel Carnat <joel@carnat.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun 31/03 03:56, Brogan wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > I recently installed OpenBSD 6.4 on a Dell Latitude 6430u and am trying to get touchpad two-finger scrolling working in X11. As far as I can tell the touchpad is being loaded via wsmouse but I'm not sure how or where to properly configure the WSMOUSECFG_TWOFINGERSCROLL found in /usr/include/dev/wscons/wsconsio.h.
> > It does not appear that I have a base xorg.conf file. At least not in the usual places /etc/ or /etc/X11/. I'm guessing I need to establish that but I'm not sure how to get started.
> > If there's any config file or machine log output I can provide to assist with helping me let me know.
> > Thank you.
>
> On my ThinkPad X260, I had to add an extra configuration file:
>
> cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/synaptics.conf
>
> ========================================
>
> ThinkPad X260 ships with Synaptics clickpad
>
> ============================================
>
> Section "InputClass"
> Identifier "touchpad"
> Driver "synaptics"
> MatchIsTouchpad "on"
>
> Option "Device" "/dev/wsmouse0"
> #Option "Device" "wsmouse"
> Option "Protocol" "auto-dev"
> Option "ClickPad" "true"
> Option "VertTwoFingerScroll" "true"
> Option "HorizTwoFingerScroll" "true"
> Option "TapButton1" "1" # Left button
> Option "TapButton2" "3" # Right button
> Option "PalmDetect" "true"
> EndSection
>
> #EOF
>
> Hope it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment