Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Re: 6.5 auto_install fails due to custom /var/tmp?

On 2019-04-30, Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon@orthanc.ca> wrote:
>> Sadly, no :-(
>>
>> But I should be able to accomplish what I need using rc.firsttime and
>> a tiny bit of hackery.
>
> Sadly, no :-(
>
> What I was aiming for was to have the newly installed machines come
> up with a 2GB MFS /tmp and a ~20GB /var/tmp. But MFS /tmp really
> needs help in the system boot scripts.
>
> The critical part for us is that /var/tmp not overwhelm /var, and
> we can get that with the current scheme by sizing /tmp accordingly.
>
> --lyndon
>
>

My "workaround" when I've run into this during upgrades has been
to ditch the MFS /tmp and mount my previous /var/tmp partition there
instead.

If MFS was actually fast then doing this would make me sad, but it
isn't really, and sd0 is often on SSD these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment