Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Re: Xorg blanks until I switch to a TTY and back on 6.5

On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 05:05:25PM +1000, Jonathan Gray wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 28, 2019 at 07:26:54PM -0400, Charles wrote:
> > Hello list,
> >
> > Ever since the new inteldrm driver got merged into -current, shortly
> > before the 6.5 release, I'm seeing an odd new behavior on my Thinkpad
> > T430 -- when an external display is connected, Xorg blanks all screens
> > (but the mouse can still be seen) until I switch to a TTY and back with
> > (i.e. C-A-F4 then C-A-F5) after which point it goes back to normal.
> >
> > I'm glad the new inteldrm driver got merged, since it fixes several
> > other video issues I was having. This problem is very minor since the
> > workaround is just a few extra keystrokes when I dock or undock, but it
> > is nevertheless annoying.
> >
> > Is anyone else experiencing this issue on third gen core-I series Intel
> > chips with integrated graphics? Or on any other chips for that matter?
> >
> > I checked Xorg.0.log and didn't see anything suspicious. I also tried
> > disabling monitor hotplugging via Xorg.conf, but I either did it wrong
> > or it had no effect.
> >
> > I would attach xorg logs and dmesg, but AFAIK misc@ does not allow
> > attachments, and I don't want to annoy people with that much inline
> > info.
>
> Does this help?
>
> Index: sys/dev/pci/drm/drm_fb_helper.c
> ===================================================================
> RCS file: /cvs/src/sys/dev/pci/drm/drm_fb_helper.c,v
> retrieving revision 1.13
> diff -u -p -r1.13 drm_fb_helper.c
> --- sys/dev/pci/drm/drm_fb_helper.c 14 Apr 2019 10:14:51 -0000 1.13
> +++ sys/dev/pci/drm/drm_fb_helper.c 29 Apr 2019 06:58:25 -0000
> @@ -575,6 +575,9 @@ static bool drm_fb_helper_is_bound(struc
> #ifdef notyet
> if (READ_ONCE(dev->master))
> return false;
> +#else
> + if (!SPLAY_EMPTY(&dev->files))
> + return false;
>

No comments:

Post a Comment