Thursday, May 16, 2019

Re: need docs about udp buffer size

16.05.2019 16:51, Claudio Jeker пишет:
> On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 12:18:53PM +0300, kasak wrote:
>> Hello! I have a litle problem with my unbound:
>>
>> unbound: notice: sendto failed: No buffer space available
>>
>> I think, I should increase net.inet.udp.sendspace, but I don't really
>> understand what size do i need.
>>
>> Is there any information about calculating needed buffer space?
> It is probably not net.inet.udp.sendspace since that value only affects
> how big a packet you can send per UDP. The send buffer is only used to
> move the packet to the kernel and is empty after every send.
> Please check a) if there are any failures to allocate mbufs (netstat -m
> and vmstat -m) and b) interface errors (netstat -i)
>
I don't really know what all this numbers mean,

netstat -m:

749 mbufs in use:
    571 mbufs allocated to data
    97 mbufs allocated to packet headers
    81 mbufs allocated to socket names and addresses
20/2232 mbuf 2048 byte clusters in use (current/peak)
485/2565 mbuf 2112 byte clusters in use (current/peak)
0/1080 mbuf 4096 byte clusters in use (current/peak)
0/432 mbuf 8192 byte clusters in use (current/peak)
0/112 mbuf 9216 byte clusters in use (current/peak)
0/90 mbuf 12288 byte clusters in use (current/peak)
0/64 mbuf 16384 byte clusters in use (current/peak)
0/80 mbuf 65536 byte clusters in use (current/peak)
9708/27000/524288 Kbytes allocated to network (current/peak/max)
0 requests for memory denied
0 requests for memory delayed
0 calls to protocol drain routines

vmstat -m it pretty long. The one string that has "fail" counter is pfstate:

pfstate      328 78561518 90858   11156 92096 90849  1247 4167     0    
8    0

and here is netstat:

em1     1500  <Link>      68:05:ca:22:d8:d3 1671803452 128 2136354673   
21     0
em1     1500  172.16/12   gater 1671803452   128 2136354673 21     0

i have unbound binded to em1

Does this mean something?

No comments:

Post a Comment