This solved it. Thank you sir!
Get BlueMail for Android
On Aug 22, 2019, 11:11, at 11:11, "dmitry.sensei" <dmitry.sensei@gmail.com> wrote:
>Try in command promot
>Machine gop 3
>Boot
>
>чт, 22 авг. 2019 г., 13:05 Jona Joachim <jona@joachim.cc>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been trying to install OpenBSD on this HP EliteBook Folio 1040
>G2
>> in EFI mode for some time now but I'm always presented with a corrupt
>> console.
>>
>> I took a picture which you can find here:
>> https://framapic.org/Pg77ILfo0bNq/W5EcjoHHSqQN.png
>>
>> It seems like the hardware is not playing nicely with efifb. The
>laptop
>> features Intel hardware with a HD Graphics 5500 graphics card.
>>
>> I attached a Linux equivalent of dmesg. FWIW, the laptop firmware is
>> quite recent, I updated it several times to get updates for the
>recent
>> CPU vulnerabilities.
>>
>> I tried with OpenBSD 6.4, 6.5 and -CURRENT with the same result.
>>
>> I also tried to compile a custom bsd.rd including inteldrm(4) hoping
>the
>> console would come back once inteldrm kicks in but it did not work.
>> However I'm not sure if inteldrm got compiled in correctly, maybe I
>> messed this up. If you think this could help, I will try again.
>>
>> Do you have any pointers that I could follow to make some progress?
>>
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Jona
>>
>>
No comments:
Post a Comment