Friday, August 30, 2019

Re: seafile-daemon-6.2.11 "cannot import name NamedPipeClient"

Jeremie,

Understood. But I think my confusion is in the fact that there is no update for a broken package when I use the latest release. I've read through a lot of OpenBSD's docs but Im not experienced enough to put all the details together.

If I stick with my current install, am I going to have to compile the correct version of libsearpc myself to workaround the issue?

Am I correct in my understanding that a standard 6.5 install is part of the -stable release? Are only security patches backported then, and not fixes for broken ports?

Or am I unwittingly on -release, and would have to otherwise wait until a release upgrade is available?

I apologize for the elementary questions, and I appreciate the help. Thank you.-------- Original Message --------
On Aug 30, 2019, 3:50 AM, Jeremie Courreges-Anglas wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 30 2019, niklasanderson@pm.me wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> The issue Im having goes back to an earlier thread relating to the current release of the Seafile daemon version 6.2.11 (see here: https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=155841015232720&w=2)
>>
>> To summarize, after installing the seafile-daemon, the seaf-cli option
>> is available to configure and setup a Seafile server (as I understand
>> it). The seaf-cli python scripts are broken as discussed in this earlier
>> exchange: the throw a python error "ImportError: cannot import name
>> NamedPipeClient" after a script fails to name all relevant files.
>>
>> I'm getting this exact issue on OpenBSD 6.5, and I am confused as to
>> whether or not it has been fixed, or if there is something I need to do
>> to apply the fix. The original port seemed to have resulted in a fix,
>> but this fix doesn't appear to be present in a very recent install of
>> this package.
>
> You're on 6.5, which doesn't have the fix. As said by kirby@ in
>
> https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=155854474314128&w=2
>
> you'd need at least libsearpc-3.1p1.
>
> --
> jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD[36 5293 2](tel:3652932)BDF DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE

No comments:

Post a Comment