Friday, August 30, 2019

Re: What is you motivational to use OpenBSD

I first started using it around version 4.3. I was trying BSD's after
using Linux for a bit, and tried FreeBSD first.

But OpenBSD was the only one that supported my laptop's WiFi card. And
getting everything running was much less of a hassle.

It's the best BSD for getting a fine workstation up quickly.

My Thinkpad T60 running OpenBSD got me through college just fine.

It's the first operating system that I was able to do lots of cool
sysadmin stuff because of how simple it is.

And also the first operating system I found that was easier to find
answers in the manual, and not through Google.

Also the OS that inspired me to learn C programming.

OpenBSD is the best BSD, and getting better every release.

No comments:

Post a Comment