Saturday, November 30, 2019

Re: Softdep and noatime

On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 09:20:37PM +0100, Xianwen Chen (้™ˆ่ดคๆ–‡) wrote:
> Dear Mr. Rola,
>
> > I wonder what other will say about this, but I mount everything as
> > noatime, since more than a decade, spinning or not. I assume this may
>
> Do you mount swap as noatime too, I'm curious?
>
> Yours sincerely,
> Xianwen

Hello,

Frankly, I have never considered atime or noatime option for swap. I
think there is not much use for atime in swap anyway. Access time for
memory pages, this is another story. I guess some optimisation
algorithms make use of this information.

Ok, so not "everything", I only mount filesystems as noatime. :-)

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola

--
** A C programmer asked whether computer had Buddha's nature. **
** As the answer, master did "rm -rif" on the programmer's home **
** directory. And then the C programmer became enlightened... **
** **
** Tomasz Rola mailto:tomasz_rola@bigfoot.com **

No comments:

Post a Comment