Friday, November 29, 2019

Re: UPDATE: VLC 3.0.8

On Sun, 24 Nov 2019 20:12:33 -0500
Brad Smith <brad@comstyle.com> wrote:

> Here is an update to VLC 3.0.8.
>
> Please test.
>
> Also needs build testing with ports-gcc.
>

I built it on macppc (with ports-gcc 8.3.0).
The build of vlc 3.0.8 succeeded.

I tried to play a DVD (using the DVD drive in my PowerBook G4). The
cpu at apm -L (666 MHz) was too slow; apm -A (up to 1333 MHz) was
better. Also, the default video output was broken; it showed a black
screen (except for the highlighted "Play All" menu item). I used
Tools -> Preferences -> Video to change the output from Automatic to
XVideo (XCB); this fixed my video. The problem with the default video
might be in Xorg or Mesa; I don't know if OpenGL video ever worked on
this PowerBook5,4 (radeondrm; ATI Radeon Mobility M10; ATI RV350).
I didn't try older version of vlc.

--George

No comments:

Post a Comment