Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Re: ttyC0 floods with error messages

"Raymond, David" <david.raymond@nmt.edu> wrote:

> I get similar stuff on console 1 but not on the others on all my
> OpenBSD machines. As I use X windows and have clean consoles 2-4
> available if necessary, I just ignore it.
>
> Dave Raymond
>
>
> On 12/16/19, putridsoul66@gmail.com <putridsoul66@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The error does not seem to be a faulty mouse and I
> > don't use a KVM switch anyway so it is not the source.
> > Following on pervious reply, I tried on a new mouse.
> > But was greeted with the same error:
> >
> > wsmouse0 detached
> > ums0 detached
> > uhidev0 detached
> > uhidev0 at uhub0 port 4 configuration 1 interface 0 "PixArt USB Optical
> > Mouse" rev 2.00/1.00 addr 2
> > uhidev0: iclass 3/1
> > ums0 at uhidev0: 3 buttons, Z dir
> > wsmouse0 at ums0 mux 0
> >
> > Unless I'm the unfortunate person destined to own all faulty
> > mice in the world, I look forward to a solution. Is there
> > anyone here who uses a desktop setup with a mouse, not greeted
> > with these pesky errors. Are experts on here sure this is not
> > a bug, or lack of proper driver. More info on the latter, this
> > test consisted of Logitech M90 and Dell MS111-P mouse.
> >
> >
>
>
> --
> David J. Raymond
> David.Raymond@nmt.edu
> http://physics.nmt.edu/~raymond

I get this also on my Intel NUC with the mouse connected via an Anker 7 port
HUB extender. I was tidying up my cables yesterday and moved my mouse cable to
one of the NUC's ports and I haven't been spammed since.

The dmesg that was sent in looked like it had a USB HUB and then someone
mentioned a KVM switch. So not sure if the mice or host don't like how they are
connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment