Friday, January 31, 2020

Re: [macppc] devel/llvm: add clang -msvr4-struct-return

On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 19:33:52 +0100
Charlene Wendling <julianaito@posteo.jp> wrote:

> I've finished the build with your diff on my PowerBook G4 A1138, where
> it took 29 hours, and so i tested:

*Thank you!* I killed my macppc build because 1 C++ file (Parser.cpp)
got stuck for hours trying to use over 800M swap on my iMac G3's
internal hard disk. (It has 512M RAM.) I have now restarted the build
after disabling swapencrypt and switching to swap on NFS (trying to
borrow RAM from my amd64 desktop), but I might still be days away from
completing the build.

My now-broken PowerBook G4 (PowerBook5,4; A1095?) took about 28 hours
to build clang 7.0.1, but that was with 1G RAM, and running its MPC7447A
cpu at apm -L half speed (666 MHz, the default setting); I didn't like
the loud fan at full speed (1333 MHz). Your RAM amount and cpu speed
(if your PowerBook has dfs(4)) may affect your build time.

> $ DISPLAY=:0 ./xcbtest
> conn = 0xcb5ee000
> cookie.sequence = 1
> reply = 0xaccbbd20

This looks good to me.

> I had to bring back games/galois to ports-gcc because it was broken at
> startup with ports-clang, so i tried to build it with your clang; it's
> playable, there are still segfaults when messing with options, and i
> forgot to build it with debug infos on. I could if asked to, but this
> is already an improvement!

If I can finish my ports-clang build, I might try galois on my iMac.
(No X server right now, but I might ssh -X from amd64.)

--George

No comments:

Post a Comment