Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Re: tor-browser and ffmpeg-4.2.2v0 don't interface

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 09:35:58AM -0000, deserter@danwin1210.me wrote:
> tor-browser-9.0.10 can't deal with mp4 and mp3 encodings
> or any of the other codecs supported by ffmpeg.
> Atleast in my case it doesn't. I would like if people
> can confirm this. It deals just fine with native codecs.
>
>
> The web-console:
>
> Specified ?type? attribute of ?video/mp4; codecs="avc1.64001F,
> mp4a.40.2"? is not supported. Load of media resource
> /latest_version?id=pokaDA2Img8&itag=22&local=true failed.
>
> All candidate resources failed to load. Media load paused.
>
> The video on this page can?t be played. Your system may not have
> the required video codecs for: video/mp4; codecs="avc1.64001F
> mp4a.40.2", video/mp4; codecs="avc1.42001E mp4a.40.2"
>
>
> 'update-mime-database /usr/local/share/mime' was of no avail
> about:config atleast shows ffmpeg / mp4 is enabled

I'm able to reproduce it but I haven't looked at it beyond that. No
clue yet about why it doesn't work though. I'll look at it at some
point but if an interested user has some clues, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Caspar Schutijser

No comments:

Post a Comment