Sunday, May 31, 2020

Re: x11/dmenu: drop fonts/terminus-font from RUN_DEPENDS

Hi Klemens,

On Sun, 31 May 2020, at 11:43, Klemens Nanni wrote:
> On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 08:27:42AM +0100, Chris Rawnsley wrote:
> > On Sun, 31 May 2020, at 04:34, Lucas wrote:
> > > fonts/terminus-font gets pulled in by x11/dmenu because of a
> > > customization > patch for look-and-feel.
> Whoever imported dmenu and dwm probably felt it was nicer, I don't know,
> but I'd say that having less dependencies is favourable; the port is
> meant to be customised anyway, so people wanting stuff like fonts can
> rather just add it.

I did some digging and it looks like it was dwm's default up until the
5.6 release. I guess it was kept around from an abundance of nostalgia.


> > I have felt this pain with x11/dwm as well.
> Either ways, those ports should be kept in sync, otherwise dmenu
> seemingly integrating with dwm's look would be off.

Agreed.


> What does "SOL" mean?

Sadly outta luck (if you want to be polite... :)


> Feedback? OK?

It looks okay to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment