Sunday, May 31, 2020

sysupgrade with sysmerge failure

Hi.

I just used the new 'sysupgrade' to upgrade my little Alix boxes to 6.7. It worked very well, and thank you for this upgrade simplification tool.

I do have one question. After upgrading the first machine, when I ran syspatch to patch the system, I got a failure saying that the user _rpki_client didn't exist. My question is not about that, but I realized that the sysmerge script apparently did not finish successfully. I ran it and merged the files and then was able to proceed normally. On another box, this time I was watching for it (I have a little terminal server on the alix machines), and indeed:

---- /etc/mail/smtpd.conf unhandled, re-run sysmerge to merge the new version

My question is, is there a "standard" place/way to confirm that sysmerge finished successfully (other than looking at the console output on first boot)? For some reason (I don't know if I'm editing in a way that sysmerge doesn't like to merge) this seems to happen a lot with unbound.conf, nsd.conf and smtpd.conf (for example), so I run into sysmerge conflicts often.

Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment