Monday, August 31, 2020

NEW: games/odamex (multiplayer doom)

Hi,

A friend and I tried to do multiplayer doom using gzdoom yesterday. It
didn't work so well (lots of slowdown).

So here's a port of odamex, which I hope will perform better.

Notes:

- Disabled upnp, as otherwise it builds a bundled libupnpc as a static lib.

- In the README I've told users to put WADs in /usr/local/share/doom, as
that's what the gzdoom README says, and it's where games/doomdate
installs to.

But I notice that gzdoom installs game data in
/usr/local/share/games/doom (note: /games/). Is that right?

- Seems to work, but I've not tested with another player yet. Managed to
connect to a local server and an online server, but both were empty.

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett

http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment