On Friday, September 25, 2020 9:37 AM, Landry Breuil <landry@openbsd.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 01:28:21PM +0000, Brian Callahan wrote:
>
> > Hello ports --
> > aja@ points out that audio/exaile is still living in Python 2 land. It looks like the push to migrate to Python 3 has stalled [0].
> > As I mentioned previously [1] I have not used exaile in a long time. aja@ asked if I would consider removing exaile, and that to me seems like the prudent thing to do.
> > There is a promised exaile-4.0 that is Python 3, but that has not materialized. Whenever it does, the port can always be resurrected (without me as maintainer).
>
> Well, it has materialized since audio/exaile was updated to 4.0.2 in
> https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports-cvs&m=159161407415357&w=2... and what
> needs to be done iirc is listed in
> https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=160070064913383&w=2 if someone
> wants to move it to py3.
>
> Landry
Seems like the solution then is for someone else to take
maintainership and finish the job.
~Brian
No comments:
Post a Comment