Sunday, November 08, 2020

Re: [NEW] Script for semi-automatic mount/umount operations

Hello Chris,

Thanks for your feedback, but probably you looked at the script's Makefile, not at the port's one. Please open the tarball attached to my original mail.

Cheers

--
Alessandro

On November 8, 2020 8:16:02 PM GMT+01:00, Chris Bennett <cpb_ports@bennettconstruction.us> wrote:
>On Sun, Nov 08, 2020 at 04:20:48AM +0100, Alessandro De Laurenzis
>wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> This is the proposal for a new port: sysutils/amount
>>
>> Disclaimer: I know that this kind of scripts are hardly ever accepted
>by
>> OpenBSD community, nonetheless I use it on a daily basis and find it
>very
>> handy.
>>
>> From DESCR:
>> > amount is an OpenBSD specific, POSIX compliant shell script to
>manage
>> > removable devices; it presents a list of available partitions, and
>> > (un)mount them upon user request. A few commands used by amount
>require
>> > special permissions (mount(8), umount(8), disklabel(8), fsck(8)
>...), so
>> > it should be run as root
>> I'm the author of the script; I tried to make it as close to the
>OpenBSD
>> quality standard as I could, keeping it simple, but flexible enough
>to be
>> adaptable to users' taste; it can be considered an alternative to the
>use of
>> hotplugd, when full control of mount/unmount operations is desired.
>>
>> Port-wise, the Makefile is very simple; I tried to add "PKG_ARCH =
>*", but
>> it triggers an error during "make package" and since I don't know if
>it is
>> really needed, I didn't investigate further; please advice in case I
>should
>> re-add it.
>
>To have a port, you need to include bsd.ports.mk
>That's most likely why PKG_ARCH failed.
>
>Follow the template in /usr/ports/infrastructure/Makefile.template
>
>I didn't look at the rest. Follow the porting guide. It helps a lot.
>
>Chris Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment