Sunday, January 31, 2021

Re: Question about lang/ghc module (trying to port git-annex)

Greg Steuck <gnezdo@openbsd.org> writes:

>> git-annex has at least 50 dependencies I couldn't find in ports, so I
>> want to make sure I understand this before I start porting them one at
>> a time (or just give up)...
>
> This is exactly the problem I want to solve with cabal.port.mk. You
> can try to look at
> https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=160858285410366&w=2
> A quick search in the archives will show the justification and the
> history of the effort.
>
> The current state of the work is I'm waiting on cabal 3.4 official
> release gated by ghc-9.0. I'm also looking for people needing this work
> and your attempt to add git-annex gives me more motivation to finish.

FWIW, a version of git-annex port that can display its help message:
https://github.com/openbsd/ports/commit/0d970c085441b82f0080afee13e2034e47f475c0

I didn't bother to pare down the dependency list to exclude the test
stuff, so MODCABAL_MANIFEST is twice the length it should be.

Thanks
Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment