Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Re: librdkafka, libfds, ipfixcol2

> These ports are to support IPFIXcol2 which is the first set of ports I've
> done in a long time. CMake and all those extra layers of abstraction are a
> bit of a pain in the ass. Can somoene please take a look and let me know how
> close I am getting to the mark here? Is this stuff close to an acceptable
> condition?

The cmake bits you patched in libfds are because upstream is doing
nonstandard things, cmake ports with libraries aren't usually that
annoying.

Tidied up a bit here. All the static_assert -> _Static_assert don't
seem needed (and break things on GCC archs) so I've removed them,
and used -D_BSD_SOURCE instead of patching in many files. Couple
of other tweaks (manpage/etc locations, few others). Build output
looks alright here, I haven't tested runtime, don't have netflow/ipfix
setup, what little flow monitoring I do is usually with sflow.
Do they still work for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment