Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Re: librdkafka, libfds, ipfixcol2

Stuart Henderson [stu@spacehopper.org] wrote:
> > These ports are to support IPFIXcol2 which is the first set of ports I've
> > done in a long time. CMake and all those extra layers of abstraction are a
> > bit of a pain in the ass. Can somoene please take a look and let me know how
> > close I am getting to the mark here? Is this stuff close to an acceptable
> > condition?
>
> The cmake bits you patched in libfds are because upstream is doing
> nonstandard things, cmake ports with libraries aren't usually that
> annoying.
>

Yeah I assumed that, after looking through other ports that use
cmake and generate proper shared libs (with the ports version numbers,
and without digging through all of these CMakeThings!)

> Tidied up a bit here. All the static_assert -> _Static_assert don't
> seem needed (and break things on GCC archs) so I've removed them,
> and used -D_BSD_SOURCE instead of patching in many files. Couple
> of other tweaks (manpage/etc locations, few others). Build output
> looks alright here, I haven't tested runtime, don't have netflow/ipfix
> setup, what little flow monitoring I do is usually with sflow.
> Do they still work for you?
>

Weird, I couldn't get clang to compile it with static_assert, only
converting to _Static_assert worked for me.

Thank you Stuart. Checking it out now...

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment