Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Re: Sharing desktop with Jitsi and pledge

On 2021-06-29, Jonathan Drews <jondrews@fastmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks:
>
> I am running OpenBSD 6.9 GENERIC.MP#4 amd64 and have Jitsi working
> well here on OpenBSD. The audio and video work fine. So do the typing
> of comments in Jitsi
>
> However when I attempt to share my desktop, through Jitsi, then
> Firefox crashes. I get this message in my dmesg output:
>
> firefox[17370]: pledge "", syscall 289
>
> It looks like pledge is stopping Jitsi, as it should. Any suggestions
> at to how I could share a presentation through OpenBSD? I've tried
> Zoom but it doesn't work as well as Jitsi.
>
> Kind regards,
> Jonathan
>
>

To use screen sharing, you'll need to disable pledge, it is specifically
mentioned in the pkg-readme for firefox.

No comments:

Post a Comment