Friday, July 02, 2021

Re: dhcpcd -U6 /var/db/dhcpcd/alc0.lease6 incorrectly returns "dhcpcd is not running"

On Fri, 2 Jul 2021, at 10:29, Zack Newman wrote:
> When I start dhcpcd during booting the "normal" way (i.e., rcctl enable
> dhcpcd), I am able to successfully dump the lease information
> associated with the alc0 interface (which is connected directly to my
> bridge modem); however when I start the command inside of
> /etc/hostname.alc0 during booting, I am unable to get lease information
> after. When the computer boots up, I successfully acquire a DHCPv6
> lease as well as have a /60 routed to me. My IPv6 connectivity runs
> just fine too.

Something that's not entirely clear to me here: why? if you are using
prefix delegation, dhcpcd is interested in more of your interfaces than
just your ISP-side... no?

I also use dhcpcd to handle v6 prefix delegation on my gateway
and just start it in the normal way, no !foo in /etc/hostname.em0, or
in fact on any other interfaces. Yet it all works quite reliably every
boot

What am I missing here?

John

No comments:

Post a Comment