Friday, July 02, 2021

Re: dhcpcd -U6 /var/db/dhcpcd/alc0.lease6 incorrectly returns "dhcpcd is not running"

On 2021-07-02, Zack Newman <zack@philomathiclife.com> wrote:
> Excellent reply. Thank you Stuart. Unfortunately, changing "rm -rf -- *" to "rm -rf — !(dhcpcd)" and rebooting now causes the command to timeout:
>
> beta# dhcpcd -U6 /var/db/dhcpcd/alc0.lease6
> dhcpcd_readdumptimeout

I believe that should just be "alc0" not the path. Additionally I did
run into a problem when I was testing that to reply to your previous
mail, if an invalid interface was used with -U, the main dhcpcd process
would stop responding to further control connections (with a log message
in /var/log/daemon, "ps_ctl_dispatch: cannot handle another client").

I was about to report it upstream but had a look at the few post-7.4.0
commits and wondered about one of them; testing with git head it looks
like that did indeed fix it, so I've updated the version in ports to
include that. (I think it's not all that common a case so I'm not
planning on backporting to -stable for that, however it seems that
just avoiding using an invalid interface name avoids that issue
anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment