Thursday, July 01, 2021

Re: How to set a HTTP proxy for sysupgrade

On Thu, July 1, 2021 4:25 am, Raimo Niskanen wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 09:23:15PM -0400, trondd wrote:
>>
>> I simply echo the export statements of the proxy environment variables
>> to
>> /etc/rc.firstime before reboot. The installer will always append to the
>> file so fw_update will be added after the variables are exported.
>
> I will try to remember to do that the next time.
> Thanks for the hint!
>
> Would that be a welcome addition to the installer to do this
> automatically?
>
>

The installer can't do it. Sysupgrade pulls the sets down and so the
automated installation does not use the network. It won't know if there
is a proxy configuration to pass to rc.firsttime.

I suppose sysupgrade can check the environment for the variables and write
them out to rc.firsttime if they are set.

I just have a wrapper script because I also have internally hosted site
tarballs that need the proxy disabled to access so it was just easier to
have my own script to enable and disable the proxy as needed for the steps
I need to take. I suppose that's why I never thought to try modifying
sysupgrade. In my environment, I would still need the script regardless.

Tim.

No comments:

Post a Comment