Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Re: [New] devel/luaffi

On Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 03:06:02PM +0100, Laurence Tratt wrote:
> Please find attached a new port of LuaFFI:
>
> ...
>
> The main reason I've ported this (along with some help from edd@) is because
> neovim is meant to be run with LuaJIT (which includes the FFI module as
> standard) whereas we run it with normal Lua (which doesn't).

I have no objection to this going in.

In case anyone is wondering why we don't just build Neovim with LuaJIT:

- LuaJIT isn't as portable, although we could use it only for certain
arches.

- We'd have to add a LuaJIT FLAVOR to every Lua dependency. I looked at
that in the past when I was first porting Neovim and it looked
non-trivial. I don't really have the motivation for it, but I won't
object if someone else wants to try.

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett

https://www.theunixzoo.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment