Monday, August 09, 2021

Re: Teeworlds update - Teeworlds 0.7.5

I did some tests on loongson, macppc and amd64.

The server part does run on loongson, so I'd suggest removing the whole
ONLY_FOR_ARCHS line. I think it should probably work on arm64 and
powerpc64 too, but I don't have the hardware to confirm that.

As for macppc and other big-endian hosts, my original patch
(patch-src_base_detect_h) needs to be kept, otherwise big-endian hosts
are misdetected as being little-endian (since it checks for internal
defines instead of using the proper visible symbols). With this,
both the client and the server appear to be OK on my PowerBook G4.

New suggested changes (on top of yours) below [1].

However, the game is still unplayable by default on all my
machines here:

- Start from scratch, with no Teeworlds configuration leftovers.
- Start the game, it goes to fullscreen by default.
- Then, I see two mouse cursors: the one from Xorg, and the
one from the game. The one from the game has no effect as
long as I'm in fullscreen, so I can't click on anything.
Just press Esc and Enter so that you can quit the game with
a new configuration file written to the disk.
- echo gfx_fullscreen 0 >> ~/.local/share/teeworlds/settings*.json
- Now you can run the game in windowed mode, where the mouse bug
doesn't happen. But this is just a work-around.
- If I quit again, the whole Xorg screen sometimes freezes until
I kill(1) Teeworlds.
- (The stuff in pkg/MESSAGE has no effect and is probably very
outdated nowadays with SDL2.)

I have no idea about the origin of this. Happens on an Intel
Haswell GPU and on an old ATI Radeon Mobility. I'm curious to
know if others experience this problem too, or if I'm just in
bad luck with I have here.

Donovan

[1]:

--- games/teeworlds/Makefile.orig
+++ games/teeworlds/Makefile
@@ -1,7 +1,5 @@
# $OpenBSD: Makefile,v 1.28 2021/02/23 19:39:23 sthen Exp $

-ONLY_FOR_ARCHS= amd64 i386 powerpc
-
COMMENT= platform game featuring buggers equipped with weapons

V= 0.7.5
--- /dev/null
+++ games/teeworlds/patches/patch-src_base_detect_h
@@ -0,0 +1,26 @@
+$OpenBSD: patch-src_base_detect_h,v 1.1 2015/12/27 17:56:22 jasper Exp $
+
+Fix endianness detection.
+
+Index: src/base/detect.h
+--- src/base/detect.h.orig
++++ src/base/detect.h
+@@ -85,15 +85,15 @@
+
+ /* use gcc endianness definitions when available */
+ #if defined(__GNUC__) && !defined(__APPLE__) && !defined(__MINGW32__) && !defined(__sun)
+- #if defined(__FreeBSD__) || defined(__OpenBSD__) || defined(__NetBSD__)
++ #if defined(__FreeBSD__) || defined(__NetBSD__)
+ #include <sys/endian.h>
+ #else
+ #include <endian.h>
+

No comments:

Post a Comment