Monday, August 09, 2021

Re: Teeworlds update - Teeworlds 0.7.5

Stefan Hagen wrote:
> Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > On 2019/07/17 17:05, Neon King wrote:
> >> Hello dear ports@readers,
> >>
> >> The following diff upgrades Teeworlds game to the latest version. Changelog
> >> is available on their homepage https://teeworlds.com/
>
> I've fixed up this port and updated teeworlds to version 0.7.5.
> Note that version 0.7.x is incompatible with servers from 0.6.x.
>
> [... nice stuff ...]
>
> I won't mind taking MAINTAINER for this port, but as Neon King and
> Donovan (CC) offered port updates earlier, I won't mind if they pick
> this up.

Hi,

I was its previous maintainer (I lost my interest in contributing
through mailing-lists) and your diff looks really good to me,
I think you'd maintain it really well.

- Nice to see that bam and its too-many patches are gone now.
- For the strict-alignment part, yes it looks like that part is
fixed now. I'll give it a shot on loongson and macppc (it used
to work in the last version I maintained here) but I've never
made that a "blocker" (I think I was its only user there :).
- I confirm that using the a copy of DejavuSans.ttf broke at
some point (my last upgrade proposal dropped it). I agree that
it's probably not worth it to try patching this anymore: small
gain, and the less we patch the easier it is to maintain.
- Nice that it can still use system zlib and wavpack.
- No idea about the maps. You used to need them if you hosted a
server with the default maps, so what you're doing here looks
good.

I used to have some GLU crashes on amd64 after upgrading it to
0.7.2 back then, but that was circa OpenBSD 6.4 so it's probably
OK nowadays.

I'll build and test this on various machines here, but your
upgrade proposal looks really good to me. Nice work.

Donovan

No comments:

Post a Comment