Thursday, September 30, 2021

postgresql_autodoc BROKEN? Author taking it over at github has died.

I wanted to quickly generate a page for a database.
I haven't used this for years. I can't remember if it generated a full
list of columns for each table or not.
It had errors, but did produce a simple page.
The errors referred to the column 'adsrc' not existing.
I got the same error with another database I also have.

The HOMEPAGE and MASTER_SITES don't exist anymore.

https://github.com/cbbrowne/autodoc
Has an issue that the author passed away and continuing the project
hadn't been resolved.

https://aws-1.freshports.org/databases/postgresql_autodoc/
marked it as BROKEN

It's just a perl script.
Is anyone else having similar problems? Is anyone else using it?

Is there an alternative to this? I just wanted to get a single page
describing the database structure only.

I need to adapt my own software to this anyway, so I'll be solving the
problem for myself soon-ish.

I just wanted to report the problem.

Chris Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment