Sunday, September 26, 2021

Re: sysctl hw.sensors.lm1 shows only one fan

This works for me, now I see all of my fans.
Some of them look funny, because they are really not connected and
show -2560RPM, Status Critical.
But my MB is very old, and I do not expect it to work perfectly.
Thanks a lot!

On Пт 24 сен 2021 17:53:51, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2021-09-24, Maksim Rodin <a23s4a2008@yandex.ru> wrote:
> > My system has several fans connected to the MB (Supermicro X8SIL-F)
> > "sysctl hw.sensors.lm1" shows only fan0.
> > Is there a way to make my system (OpenBSD 6.9 stable) show more fans in
> > that output?
> >
>
> Try "boot -c" and "enable ipmi" "quit".
>
> Apparently some machines had a problem with this (IIRC there was some
> IBM server with a problem) but most systems don't have a problem, and
> some systems (including most Supermicro) do attach sensors there.
>
>
>
> --
> Please keep replies on the mailing list.
>

--
Best regards
Maksim

No comments:

Post a Comment