Tuesday, October 05, 2021

Re: Ruby 2.6 Removal

On 10/05 10:35, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 04, 2021 at 07:22:59PM +0000, Jeremy Evans wrote:
> > Per our standard Ruby support policy, I am planning to remove Ruby 2.6
> > from the ports tree, as it will be completely unsupported before the
> > release of OpenBSD 7.1. Nothing currently depends on it, so
> > this should cause no problems.
>
> > Here's the diff for ruby.port.mk. I also have diffs prepared for
> > ruby-module.5 and quirks.
>
> > Thanks,
> > Jeremy
>
> There are conditional blocks for ruby26 FLAVORs in devel/ruby-minitest and
> textproc/ruby-nokogiri. With those removed too, ok kmos.

Yep, I have those removed locally in my tree. Turns out the ruby26
version of nokogiri was already broken (you can't built it in OpenBSD
7.0). I'll commit those changes when I commit the Ruby 2.6 removal
tomorrow.

Thanks,
Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment