Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Re: /etc/bsd.re-config - change a device?

On 11/30/21 3:12 PM, Paul B. Henson wrote:
> Thanks much for the info guys; something to look forward to in 7.1 :).

hint: snapshots that do what you need beat releases that don't.

Nick.

>
> On 11/30/2021 4:17 AM, Stuart Henderson wrote:
>> On 2021-11-30, Paul de Weerd <weerd@weirdnet.nl> wrote:
>>> On Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 08:46:34AM -0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
>>> | On 2021-11-29, Paul B. Henson <henson@acm.org> wrote:
>>> | > I'm upgrading to OpenBSD 7 and I was happy to see the new support for
>>> | > /etc/bsd.re-config to allow modified kernels to be automatically
>>> | > rebuilt. However, one of the changes I need to make is updating the IRQ
>>> | > on com2, as my bios assigns it a non-standard value 8-/.
>>> | >
>>> | > I can't figure out how to do that? Is it supported? When I put "change
>>> | > com2" in /etc/bsd.re-config, config interactively asks me:
>>> | >
>>> | > change [n]
>>> | >
>>> | > I tried "change com2 y" and "change com2", then "y" on the next line,
>>> | > but the first gave an error and the second still prompted interactively.
>>> | >
>>> | > Are the only changes supported by /etc/bsd.re-config those that don't
>>> | > need further input?
>>> |
>>> | Currently yes. jcs@ has a diff to change this but it needs review.
>>>
>>> I believe this has been committed on November 20:
>>>
>>> https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=163737802014911&w=2
>>>
>>> However, that means that it won't work in OpenBSD 7.0, you will need
>>> to run something newer (which, at the moment, means -current /
>>> snapshots).
>>
>> Ah good catch, thanks.
>>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment